I won't pretend for a split second to know much about cooking—or to be anywhere near good at it. But I do know that with a little creativity, it's possible to make some of your favorite foods while staying within the framework of macrobolic nutrition.
And pancakes are no exception.
- Put 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal into a blender and blend until it becomes a fine flour.
- Add 3 egg whites, 1 medium banana, and 1 scoop of protein powder, and blend until smooth.
- Add blueberries to the batter and mix.
- Pour batter onto skillet on medium heat to desired size.
- Cook for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on one side, and 30-45 seconds on the other side.
- Plate the cakes, add a thin layer of (non-hydrogenated) peanut butter, and top with Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup.
Notice the stacking of macro-nutrients:
- Egg whites
- Protein powder
- Peanut butter
I'm sure there are plenty of tips and tricks to making healthy pancakes even better (like sprinkling diced almonds on top for another healthy fat), but I'm a simple guy and these are a treat for me. But once you realize there are ways to pull off foods like this with entirely healthy ingredients, there's no reason to go back.