Your body is comprised of somewhere between 50-75% water, depending on a few factors. This makes hydration the absolute foundation of proper nutrition.
As part of my macrobolic nutrition plan, I'm adamant about drinking 100 oz. of water every day—and do so myself. The primary purpose is that your body transports nutrients and metabolizes food differently, depending on your body's level of hydration. In other words, the same meal is absorbed differently by your body depending on its hydration level. And that alone should be enough to prioritize your daily water intake.
However, in the event that you need more reason than that, below is a non-exhaustive list of benefits associated with this degree of consistent hydration.
- Acts as appetite control agent
- Aids in fat loss
- Boosts immunity
- Facilitates nutrient transportation
- Flushes waste and toxins
- Fuels muscle health
- Helps maintain normal bowel function
- Insulates the brain, spinal cord, and organs
- Lubricates joints
- Maintains bodily fluid levels
- Metabolizes proteins and carbohydrates
- Promotes healthy skin
- Treats headaches and migraines
- Regulates body temperature
- Relieves fatigue
But remember, this is just the beginning. The full benefit comes from stacking proper nutrition on top of proper hydration.